Glatzs Candies Luncheonette opened its doors in 1912. At that time, its operation took place on the second floor while the ground floor operation consisted of a barber and millinery shop. As time passed, a remodel transpired and Lee Glatz operated the shop until his death in 1928. One of Glatz' former employees, Ivey Mccord purchased the business in 1947. Members of the McCord family joined the business over the years. In 2017, the Bootsma family purchased the business in hopes of restoring the tradition and nostalgia Mccord Candies once held.